Dan fans shuld know these.
Quiz created by: Billy Shoe
1. Best known for writing the theme music for M*A*S*H*, this legendary writer/arranger did the strings for the "FM" soundtrack.
2. A great drummer (think of the groove in Boz Scagg's Lowdown), he and his brother shot to the top with their band in the late 70's.
3. An early guitarist for the band now is a Department of Denese consultant in the anti-terroism realm.
4. Many jazz musicians are heard on the Dan's tunes, including possibly the most-recorded jazz string acoustic bass player ever. Who?
5. Horn players, too. Ernie Watts, Michael Brecker, Wayne Shorter among many. Which saxman also helped with arrangements on "Gaucho"?