One artist can top the charts with a song & it becomes a classic. But if it's a big enough classic, it will top the charts again years or decades later. That is what makes a standard.
Quiz created by: Eric Andrews
1. Donny Osmond's only solo #1 hit was a 1971 cover of Goffin & King's "Go Away Little Girl". Who recorded it first in 1963?
2. Gerry Goffin & Carole King's babysitter "Little Eva" Boyd went to #1 with "The Loco-motion". What critically reviled band returned it to #1 in 1974?
3. Bobby Vinton's 3rd #1 hit came with an old standard called "There! I've Said It Again" in 1964. But what deep-voiced singer first hit with it in 1945?
4. Percy Sledge created an enduring soul classic with his #1 1966 hit "When A Man Loves A Woman". Who "covered" it & sent it to #1 in 1991?
5. Bill Withers showed brotherhood was never out of style with his 1972 #1 "Lean On Me". 15 years later, who proved its timelessness with their #1 cover?